Wednesday, March 26, 2008

LEARNING TO RIDE

Elijah has been begging us to take his training wheels off of his bike and today we finally did. Martez was getting frustrated at first and wanted to give up after about 3 mins b/c they were both stressing out but I pulled him aside said be patient and calm and he will learn it much faster, don't act like you were born riding a bike. Martez regrouped and I am so glad HE was able to teach him how to ride his bike so I could take pics, of course!








He was riding the bike all by himself within 27 minutes! He was having a little trouble starting but we taught him how to use the curb. Everything was going good........





...Moose and Elijah were on a roll down the street when...








...Elijah ran smack dab into the Mustang on the right side of the pic while trying to look back at us! Martez went running to his aid but he was fine then Elijah ran up a driveway into a pile of leftover ice storm debris then down into an SUV! OUCH!









It was so "serious"! He was "never going to ride the bike again"! So I had him call Meme and Papa to tell them how good he did and of course he needed to tell them he would "never" ride again b/c he was seriously injured! I thought the Batman band aid would help but not so much he still just moped around for about 30 minutes. He sat in the house until I asked Martez to put Elijah's bike into my car so I could take it to Goodwill since he was going to just give up and never ride again! Well I'll try in a little bit! My response, "Oh OK but only if YOU want to!" trying to make him think I didn't care but I just didn't want him to give up! Next thing I know he is out on the bike and didn't stop for about an hour! Go baby go! Just watch out for parked vehicles and dead tree debris! lol Of course Isaiah who is extremely jealous and constantly demands attention had to have a picture of him riding his "bike" with "no hands momma!"





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!