Tuesday, June 05, 2007

EXPLAIN GOD

Elijah boggles my mind - the questions this kid comes up! He is one of few who can sometimes leave me speechless. Recently he got me! I had no way to answer his question. It all started simple! "Momma God created all the animals in all the world, right?"
"Yes," I reply.
"And he created the dinosaurs"
I just nodded! He went on and on naming everything known to mankind! Then it came....."Well Jesus is God's son and Mary is Jesus' mother, right?"
I nod! "So God is Mary's husband?"
"No...." wait how do I explain the next part other than God just put a baby in her belly. Hmmmmm......somehow I got out of that one and then came the biggie!
"Who created God?" he asked.
"He was just there in heaven."
"That can't be right mommy and he can't create himself so who created God?"
I need help here! How do you explain that? Who created God? Things that make you go hmmmm.......
Luckily somehow after tripping over my answer and the major rebuttal, the question was dropped to go catch frogs but I still wonder how to answer the question in order for a five year old to understand if I don't now! Then in the car a couple of days later he says, "Hey mom I didn't know God was black like Daddy." "Where did you learn that?" I asked. "Well I saw it on TV they are doing a new movie about Noah's ark and God is black." Later I saw the preview for "Evan Almighty" and Morgan Freeman plays God. Great now he is forever going to think Morgan Freeman is actually God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!