Monday, June 25, 2007

THE MOUNTAIN LION

My cousins Adam and Tiera told Martez they thought they heard a mountain lion outside the lodge a couple days before we arrived so Martez was telling me the story. Well Saturday night I was picking up stuff around the camper at 1:00 am when I heard a noise. I looked across the small bridge over the "crick" and saw an animal but it was hard to tell what it was since its head was down. I instantly thought of the mountain lion and thought I could just crap my pants and run right now but I didn't want to make any sudden movements. It raised its head and I could see then that it was a deer but then it starred me down. No moving just looking right into my eyes. Then I thought this may not be good since I don't know if deer ever charge. I live by no deer! It starred for quite sometime and I stood frozen the entire time then it resumed eating and never crossed the bridge but that was okay since it didn't even have to in order to scare the crap out of me! I am not scared of deer as a matter of fact I had got out of the car a couple of days earlier to take a picture of one stopped about three feet in front of my car before I realized that probably wasn't the brightest idea I've had; however, once you are told about a possible mountain lion on the land where you sleep a mouse could put the fear of God in you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!