Thursday, May 03, 2007

MY PERSONAL SNOT FACTORY

I was taking a shower this morning when I heard Isaiah screaming at the top of his lungs over the water running and the exhaust fan running. I turned off the water, grabbed a towel and ran in his room to discover the most disgusting thing I think I've ever seen. The nurses and doctors said he will have some nasal discharge and some coughing for a few days. What I saw was beyond excessive in fact he looked like something off of an alien movie and I would rather clean up a full room of vomit than do what I had to do!!! Since I've become a mommy I've learned to handle things I never thought I would like projectile vomiting and diarrhea but this one grossed me out! Isaiah had a mound of dried snot covering his nostrils and dried into a little hill between his nose and his mouth. His nostrils weren't even visible. His shirt, hands, mouth, and pillow had neon green strings of snot everywhere!!! Yes it was a gag fest!! He was screaming and I tried to clean it off but it was stuck. I had to soak it with a warm cloth. After I got the mound removed I tugged at a booger from the edge of his nostril and I never could've imagined what happened next. The booger ended up being about an 8 inch long string of green snot that just kept coming out of his nose! Isaiah was crying and all I could think was I want MY mommy! I got Isaiah cleaned up and he put his head on my shoulder then began to scream again. I thought maybe his ears hurt but no it was just more of the alien invasion snot fest that was now stringing down my shoulder. That's it I was calling the doctor because there is no way this is "normal". Well it's not he has an infection so he needs antibiotics which means diarrhea and diaper rash for my boy. I hope this all ends pretty soon because I know he has to be miserable!! I also informed the nurse not to tell parents they may have some nasal discharge but instead tell parents their children could wake up resembling a slimy green little alien!! I really should've taken a picture because no one can even imagine the amount of snot coming from my boy it was unbelievable but I didn't think he was in the mood to smile for the camera!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!