Tuesday, May 22, 2007

THE RAINBOW'S END

Recently on our way to Wal-mart I noticed it was about to storm. It was really dark in what appeared to be the downtown area which was way west of us so we were okay since Wal-mart was only four miles away. By the time we made it to Wal-mart it was storming really bad. I wondered how a storm that appeared to be miles and miles away to the west could actually just be four miles south of us. Well we did the grocery shopping which I absolutely hate then headed home. On the way home we saw a rainbow so Elijah wanted Martez to drive through the field so we could be the first to find the ever elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. This got me to thinking. Scary I know! Where is the rainbows end or does it ever end? The chase for the rainbow's end would be a never ending challenge and are there people out there that truly try it. I know in my right mind the rainbow is just light through water or something to that affect so it is basically a trick on our eyes and the pot of gold is just a myth but wouldn't it be nice to find out if the rainbow even has an end and if so what's up with the pot of gold. I am not crazy or stupid it was just one of those things that got me thinking. My next question is how to explain this to a child. I think the whole search for the end of the rainbow is a metaphor for our journey through life and the pot of gold represents the rewards at the end so I guess first I'll need to try and explain a metaphor. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!