Saturday, May 17, 2008

MY NEW EXCITEMENT

I forgot to tell you all about my new excitement for my stepson Tez. As many of you know he came to live with us in December and is attending BA schools. He has special educational needs and I have been to my handful of stressful meetings to get everything arranged for him and I had yet another one this past Monday. Getting him fitted with the appropriate "label" is a necessary evil in order for him to get the help he needs. I know no parent wants their child labeled but it is necessary for them to get the proper educational help that they need. In order for us to get him the proper help, Tez had two labels but one didn't match him so we had to get him labeled correctly which meant we had to disprove one diagnosis so he could then get help in the area of the other major label. I am sorry if that did not make sense but that is the easiest way to explain it! My amazing friend aka momacita Cleta agreed to go with me to the new IEP/psychological evaluation to help me out and support Tez's needs. She was a teacher in BA for many years and had been to her own share of IEP meetings and I wanted to make sure I was understanding all the mumbo jumbo being presented to me and add her perspective about our situation. The good long winded news is he will placed into a program that will meet his needs with a bunch of hands-on learning! I am very excited for him and hopefully it will be easier on me when I am helping him with his homework. Can't wait to see the results! I want to say Thank You to Cleta and Shan....It meant a lot that Cleta and Shandolynne rearranged their schedules so Cleta could attend the meeting and it was nice to have someone there who understood my concerns and was in sync with me in my concern for Tez's education. Thank you girls from the bottom of my heart! Love you guys! And thank you to the Oliver Middle School and South Intermediate High School staff for all the help, time and concern! Hopefully all of this will make our lives a little easier and we all know every little bit helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!