Tuesday, April 03, 2007

ROLIE POLIE OLIE

Elijah is really into catching bugs now mainly crickets and rolie polies. He creates "habitats so they have their natural environments" made of dirt, sticks and rocks. (His words not mine) He can't quite figure out why they all die but we have a cricket and rolie polie cemetary in the backyard. At least he has started "releasing them into the wild (my flower bed) so they have a better chance of survival". He must get all the big words and phrases from the discovery channel and animal planet since that is all he watches now. Anyway I am writing this to tell you about the funny thing he said last night. I was edging the yard with the weedeater for the first time this year which I will add the first time is always the hardest and yes I wore pants this time no blood involved. Elijah kept stopping me to show me his amazing new pets. He had caught two rolie polies a big daddy one and a baby one named Rolie Polie Olie. He always says he "caught" them like rolie polies are quite a feat to catch. Anyway he has one rolie polie in each hand between his thumb and index finger because they are rolled up into balls and he says to me "Mommy, which rolie polie has bigger balls?" Thank God he had no clue why I was laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!