Tuesday, November 04, 2008

FRIDAY FUN???

Friday I took Chai and Addison to the doctor. We had to drive about an hour away since Chai's stepdad is Addison's doctor. We had planned on taking my truck for the additional room since
1 - Chai can't drive at the moment and so she would have to be a passenger in her car with the car seat behind her seat
2 - she is about 6ft tall so she would have more leg room in my car and could possibly set the seat back to sleep if needed.
Problem with this plan ~ on the way to drop all the kids off for school I noticed a big 'ol screw in one of my tires!!
Lord knows I didn't want to get a flat on the highway on the way there and I had no time to get it patched. The only positive thing I saw at the moment was getting to drive Chai's car since it is a standard. I love driving standard transmission cars but I haven't in about 5 yrs!!
Ride there ~ great!
Doctor appt ~ great!
Addison' feeding ~ great and as normal since I fed and changed her she pooped!!
Lunch ~ greasy McD's ~ugh!
Then some greasy not very well groomed McD's worker just came up and started touching on Addison. Hello!! I think that is rude and especially if you are as nasty as she was!
Disinfecting Addison ~ check!
Ok so on the ride home everyone fell asleep!
No mistake you read that correctly!
I said everyone and I mean everyone!!
Isaiah ~ yep!
Addison ~ of course that is almost all she does besides eat, burp and poop!
Chaitra ~ yep she was tuckered out!
Me ~ yep me too!
Wait....and yes I was driving!
I was SO sleepy. The car was SO quiet!
Just the sound of the tires on the open country road and heavy breathing from the sleepers!
Eyes shut!
Eyes open and realize eyes were just shut so major adrenaline pumps through body and sheer panic runs through my mind!
I could kill all of us and crash her car!
Ok I can do this...I've never fallen asleep during driving before that is my hubby's problem!
I want to turn the cold cold cold air on full blast but I don't want the newborn to freeze.
I want to turn the radio up full blast and sing as loud as I can with my oh so angelic voice but I don't want to wake anyone.
I want to make Chai wake up and talk to me but I KNOW she is exhausted.
I will be fine!
I try to call a friend to quietly chit chat on the phone hoping to keep myself awake. Good luck trying to get someone to answer since they are all at work!
Phone conversation ~ all of two minutes b/c apparently the dinky town I was driving through at the time had crappy reception!!
I'll be ok!
Again, eyes shut!
Eyes open and adrenaline pumps through my body again and I feel like I could just puke at the thought of killing us all.
My next idea call my sister ~ NO answer!
Call my hubby~ NO answer!
Stop and get a huge caffeine drink of some sort just to get me the rest of the way home.
Trying to find a place to stop ~ eyes shut again and car drifts into the next lane!
THAT'S IT! COLD AIR FULL BLAST ON MY FACE AND CALL HUBBY WHO NOW ANSWERS AND TALKS TO ME FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE FIFTEEN MINUTES UNTIL I AM HOME!!!
WE MADE IT ALIVE!!
Next I had to take my car to get the tire patched and screw removed. Luckily the place was just a mile from Chai's house so surely I could make it there. They said there was a thirty minute wait but I was not about to drive ANYWHERE else!! I kept dozing off at the tire shop....you know the whole head-bobbing-jerking-up-acting-like-you-are-NOT-asleep sleep!!
Tire fixed ~ went home and slept for 2 1/2hours until I had to go trick-or-treating!!!
More on that later...this blog just stressed me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!