Ok Elizabeth, this is a hard one! What do I want people to say when I am gone? I don't know. I didn't realize this interview would mean I would actually have to think about my own death! ha!
Angela died today at the young age of 101. She has seen it all from bikes to flying cars, massive computers to handheld purse size laptops and home phones to handsfree, brain activated ear phones. An amazing wife, mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, aunt, great-aunt, friend, sister and daughter who never knew a stranger. Funny and full of sarcasm, Angela believed laughter was truly the best medicine. Always willing to listen to other's problems and never afraid to speak her mind. Caring and generous to a fault but it never stopped her from lending a helping hand to those in need. Devoted, loving and strong in her faith. Stubborn to the point of being bullheaded but head strong enough to accomplish her goals. Educated and determined to be herself throughout her life. Constant procrastinator but an awe inspiring multi tasker. Services to be held Saturday at 1pm but since you know she is ALWAYS late you can be there by 2pm!
2. What are 3 things you’d like to do before you die?
Watch my boys grow up to be amazing men, devoted husbands and fun-loving supportive fathers who get paid back for everything they put me through by their own children...hehe! I want to travel more. I want to photograph the world through my eyes. Last but not least I would like to independently wealthy, do charity work and never have to worry about paying another bill!
3. What is your theme song? Not just your favorite song, but a song that you would consider the theme of your life. Maybe something like “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor, “Hands” by Jewel, an old hymn, or a power ballad like “Every Rose Has Its Thorn.” Or maybe it’s just a song that you like to crank up in the car and sing loudly to. Why is it your theme song?
My theme song....hmmm....let me think. I like "I Hope You Dance" and "We Shall Be Free" and many many others. There are SO many songs I turn up and sing to without a care in the world (well if I am alone and can sing my heart out!) Theme song ~ this is probably going to sound weird but I love "Life is a Highway"! If you really listen to the words, it is actually a great song. It is one of those songs that I can sing loudly and for some reason I drive a little faster every time it comes on. I used to have it on a mixed CD and I would listen to it every time I drove home from college. In fact, I think I got a few speeding tickets listening, singing and driving to this song! It cracks me up that Elijah and Isaiah think it is a "new" song since Rascal Flatts remade it for the movie "Cars". You can read the lyrics here but I like this part the best..
There's no load I can't hold
Road so rough this I know
I'll be there when the light comes in
Just tell 'em we're survivors
4. When do you feel most alive?
Hmmm... this is a hard one. I feel alive when I am having fun with the family but honestly I feel most alive when I am driving alone in my car singing at the top of my lungs TOTALLY stress free! It doesn't matter if I am happy, sad or mad at the time because it will always make me feel better.
5. How do you know God exists?
I have children! I was told at 21 I would NEVER have children. Those doctors were wrong because God gave me two beautiful boys.
I also know God exists because I have seen firsthand the miracles he can do. Every time the Doctors told Tammi and Manny only a miracle would save Maddox ~ a miracle occurred. For almost 2 yrs God worked miracle after miracle in Maddox's life and he overcame overwhelming odds time after time. Although Maddox now lives in Heaven, I saw many many many miracles happen in his life and I was amazed each and every time!
If you would like to participate in the ME interview, here are the rules.
1. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment that says "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you 5 questions. (I get to choose the questions.)
3. Update your blog with the answers to the questions and let me know when you have posted it.
4. You will include this explanation and offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment on your blog asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.