Thursday, July 02, 2009

A THOUSAND WORDS THURSDAY ~ BET YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS BEFORE

YES YOU ARE SEEING IT CORRECTLY!!

I bet you haven't seen this before unless of course you were driving during the 70s! I have NEVER seen it that low before! It is funny to me when I talk about gas prices and my Dad always says, "I remember when a gallon of gas was a nickel, a dime or even a quarter!" Can you imagine? When I started driving in the early 90s, gas prices were around 89 to 99 cents a gallon. I remember thinking $1.25 was outrageous. Little did I know prices would skyrocket to the prices we pay today. I can't even begin to imagine gas prices when my children start driving and don't even want to think about it. At least they will be paying for their own gas then.....if they want to drive that is! I did so they can too even though they will have to take out a loan to fill the gas tank!!

Yesterday Windstream did a promotion at a local gas station. After waiting an hour and a half to get gas and almost giving up, I finally got a raincheck which I happily used that evening! I won't go into everything but it was complete chaos and I think Windstream did not anticipate the turn out because it was COMPLETELY UNORGANIZED! Won't go into the long winded stories I have but the police ended up there and rain checks were handed out because of the madhouse!!


Go visit Jen and read more ATWT posts by clicking the image below!

7 comments:

  1. You got gas for 49 cents?!?! Wow what did you spend the rest of your money on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try 0.19/gal during gas wars during my junior year of high school. $0.25/gal during the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been chaos at that station! My husband didn't believe me at first when I told him about this. It's amazing to think how high gas prices are now. All prices are ridiculously high most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the money i spend on gas each month is second only to my rent. and i am not kidding! :(

    i bet it was crazy there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this memory of being at the gas station with my dad and gas was $0.75/gallon. That would of been wonderful to get gas at that price.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...I would have waited to!! I got my license in the 70's and I could buy a gallon of gas and a pack of smokes for $1!! Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!