Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MEET THE TEACHER

Today was Elijah's "Meet the Teacher" day at school. He will be in 1st grade this year - WOW HOW TIME FLIES! He was excited to see about 4 or 5 kids from his kindergarten class in his new class especially Lauryn and Richie. I guess Lauryn was not excited with her teacher. She said, "She yells a lot!" I said, "what?" Her mom clarifies, "well that is the story that she yells a lot. I was in the class next door a few years ago and could clearly hear her yelling at the class BUT that was a few years ago and a lot can change in that time. I don't know why Lauryn says that b/c I've never told her that." This worried me because although I am fine with teachers disciplining my child who isn't a disciplinary problem in school anyway, I am not okay with a teacher who constantly yells and could make my son not like school anymore. I want him to enjoy school as much as he can and he does mainly because he loves to learn (for the time being!) and he loves to play with his school friends. He loved his kindergarten teacher and apparently she is very good friends with his 1st grade teacher who in fact used to visit his class pretty often last year. I talked to a few of the other parents I know with older children. They said she is stern and will not tolerate problem children however she is very good at teaching the children what they need to know and as long as your child is well behaved there shouldn't be any problems. I sure hope not. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!