Friday, December 19, 2008

HERE HAVE SOME NAPKINS!

In the children's minds Friday is Doughnut Day!! No, contrary to popular belief this is not a national holiday. I know, I know stay calm I am working on that through our state representative but it might take some time! I am off on Friday and instead of going to my Mom's to sit for 40 minutes I take the kids to eat INSIDE the doughnut shop. I know HOW great am I, right! Yes I not only feed my children and Avani fried sugar coated fat the breakfast of champions once a week but I also allow them to eat inside the doughnut shop! I know, right, hold the applause please! This morning after happily taking the hubby to work because his lovely truck is broke down *hold on I am gagging on my lie* I got the boys ready and out the door to get Avani in record time. I like Fridays not only because I am off of work but because the mere mention of Doughnut Day and all its excitement really speeds up the morning routine! Much easier for me.....I think for this reason alone Doughnut Day could easily turn into a daily routine if I would let it! I know guys stop with the Mother of the Year shouting......come on I have a story to tell! So everything was going as planned we made it to the donut shop, bought the donuts when Isaiah said, "I don't want mine" without even a bite. Hmm....he doesn't want the breakfast of champions...this is truly odd. I bagged the delicious, round, glaze coated, fat maker thinking he would probably want it later since he still had an hour and a half until school. He then had to go potty so I took him. Nothing out of the ordinary! Back to the table where he then proceeds to eat the doughnut all the way down to the last bite when.............

wait........

wait for it.......

hold on gagging here........

......he pukes all over himself and the floor. I quickly said, "Why did you do that?" "Are you ok?" and waited a moment to see if he was done. I didn't know if he was sick or if he had choked on the fat roll. I said, "Are you sick or did you choke?" He replies with, "No I not sick Mommy my stomach made me do it!" So the reason for this post is this:

I easily could have just walked out and left the vomit on the floor without them even knowing but being the stupid responsible, kind-hearted, adult, mother that I am, I didn't think...well at least more than five times...before deciding to clean it up myself. I told the woman at the counter, who obviously knows me well since we are there every Friday, that I thought my son choked on his doughnut and he had puked on the floor. I was thinking she would give me a dish rag or mop but she just looked at me. I said, "Do you have anything I can use to clean it?" Her answer was "Sure, here have some napkins!" as if she was doing ME a favor. My mind says, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!" Now you all know that donut shops have those cheap, small, thin napkins and she handed me about twenty! My mind repeats, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!" However my mature, responsible, filtered, adult mouth says "thanks!" and begins to clean it up! You don't even want to know the rest!!! *gag*gag* You have NO idea how bad I wanted to just walk out and say, "Clean it up yourself!" or throw the vomit soaked napkins at her head or rub them on her counter. REALLY! Now I can understand if I had NO other option and let's say I was driving then yes I would have voluntarily used anything I could get my hands on like the donut shop napkins to clean the vomit BBBBUUUUUUTTTTT I know she had either a mop or something resembling a towel. It isn't like I was telling her to clean it, I just needed something to clean up the vomit and you give me thin, tiny napkins! WOW! I know she was probably grossed out or worried about spreading a virus or something but give me a break....twenty tiny, thin napkins are definitely not the answer in this case! Ugh.....napkins....seriously.......I hope it happens again and I won't alert her to the fact that she has vomit on the floor I will just walk out after screaming "There is mouse poop inside my doughnut and a roach on our table!!!!!" Needless to say I will not being finishing my million and one things to do today like.....Christmas shopping and a ton of errands!! Home with sick child!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!