Tuesday, January 06, 2009

THE LAUNDRY QUEEN REVEALS HER SECRET!!

Yes I am a self-proclaimed Laundry Queen! Believe it or not I can not count the number of times I've been asked how I keep my boys' clothes stain free! Honestly my boys' clothes do NOT have stains! In 7 yrs of being a mother, I can count on my hands the number of stains I could not get out of the boys' clothes.
"How?" you ask.
My boys are not allowed to play outdoors, in water, mud, sand, snow, climb trees, on playgrounds, play on grass or in dirt, no running/wrestling/climbing or anything that could cause an injury resulting in bleeding. No wiping after using the restroom ~ we just invested in a baday (I have no clue how to spell that and apparently spellcheck doesn't have a clue either) to prevent those nasty"skid marks"! And last but not least all meals are eaten in their underwear! Works for me!
Sounds reasonable, right?
Not if you are sane or a mother of three boys ~ take your pick!

You've obviously NEVER met my children if you believe that tall tale!!
Here you have it ladies and gents.....
Now I don't want all my blog hits to shut down the Internet so keep the praise and mother of the year rantings to a minimum and only let the secret out in dire circumstances......

My Laundry/Stain Removal Secrets

by none other than the Laundry Queen herself

  1. I only use liquid Tide and NO my attempt at "going green" will in NO way change my perfected laundry routine!! In a pinch I have also used Gain but I love Tide ~ any formula!
  2. I inspect ALL clothing for stains before they enter the washer.
  3. ALL STAINS get sprayed with Dreft Stain Remover! I have used it for years and love it! If I could buy it in bulk, I would! I don't know what is different about it, but I swear by the stuff and those who have tried it are true believers! It will get out chocolate, mud, grass, spaghetti/pizza sauce, blood, poop, vomit, red drinks of any kind and those pesky soy formula spit up stains! (FYI: You can use Hydrogen Peroxide for blood stains; however, it will "bleach" out colors! WD-40 will get out auto oil stains but use SPARINGLY! Hairspray will get out pen/marker! BUT I USE DREFT FOR EVERY STAIN!)
  4. I only wash clothes in cold water!
  5. I inspect all badly stained clothing before they go into the dryer! IF (rarely occurs) a stain still remains, I air dry that item and repeat the stain/washing routine!

Not really anything profound or earth shattering just simple Tide and Dreft Stain Remover ~ that's it! I do about 4-5 loads a day so once I found something that worked I just stuck with it. I don't have the time to fool with my laundry routine ~ it is too easy to get behind and too hard to catch up! Now only if the people who have asked me could just find my blog ~ lol!!


Until next time blog land......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment please!